Being the planner that I am and one that loves to do research, which you can tell by my last post why I decided to do the power 90 in home boot camp. I had to know what type of exercise equipment I was going to need in order to meet the most out of my 90 workout program. Power 90 has far few requirements for equipment than I had anticipated. The basic list of thins you need are:
1. Something to play the exercise videos on either a DVD player or a laptop with DVD drive. I have used both
2. Dumbbells. In order to get the most out of the Sculpting 1 -2 circuit you should have some sort of hand weight that will allow you to do curls and other similar weight lifting exercise with. I was fortunate in the fact my daughter and son had several light weight dumbbells already 5-10lb is all I needed to get started considering my physical condition.
3. An Alternative to dumbbells would be to use resistance bands. Resistance bands are long elastic bands that come in various color coded sized equal to the various sizes of dumbbells that are available. You can buy these through the Power 90 website but they are readily available at just about any big box retail or sporting good store.
4. Workout clothes – surprisingly I didnt own a single pair of shorts that I could use to workout in. A decent pair of tennis shoes should be warn to support your ankles.
5. Nutritional supplements – Throughout the power 90 series you’ll be introduced to the many different nutritional supplements available to aid in your workout and recovery. I decided not to purchase my supplements from the Power 90 company but instead bought a good multi-vitamin from my local walmart
6. Workout Mat - If you have hard wood floors you may want to purchase a yoga mat or other padded mat for use when doing your ab ripper x and other aerobic exercises.
7. (Optional)heart rate monitor and or blood pressure monitor. due to my high blood pressure issues I already had a blood pressure monitor that i used on a regular basis. The biggest concern here is if you have medical conditions is to properly monitor yourself to make sure your not over doing it. If you like me with both diabetes and high blood pressure you have to watch both your sugar levels and blood pressure rates.
That is about all the equipment needed to do the power 90 in home workout program. If you dont have the money for dumbbells or resistance bands look around the house for anything you can hold in your hands that has a decent amount of weight to use as a substitute. Thrift shops are good places to find inexpensive exercise equipment like this as far too often people buy them with good intent only to give them away after never having used them