P90X offers an array of different workouts that work several muscles in the body, and to get the most out of your workout you will want the appropriate equipment to work with. If your wanting real results with a continous results even after you finish the program your going to need the proper items to continue building muscle.
Equipment for working out does not always have to be a huge total bowflex gym or other elaborate exercise equipment setup. For P90X there is not nearly as many pieces of equipment required than what I had been expecting. In fact you can get by most workouts with a set of resistant bands. These are the equipment that you definately should have or consider having for maximum performance and result in your 90 day P90X workout period:
- A dvd player or something that you can set up to play the videos on. It is best to do it somewhere that you will have plenty of room to manuever around in.
- Dumbells or Resistance Bands – If dumbells have a variety of different weights on hand. Depending the muscle group your working on, or the type of workout it is you can adjust accordingly between the different weights. If you use resistance bands you can get a set with different resistant bands so that you can increase your workout or lessen the resistant if your becoming to tired to keep proper form.
- Yoga mat is very important – It is nice to have one when you do your Ab Ripper X, but the main reason is for Yoga X. I had a great deal of difficulty with Yoga X the first time I went through, but I was very happy that I had a Yoga mat.
- Water and a Towel – you will really want water for these workouts. Try avoiding taking large gulps of water or drinking to much because it can cause cramps, or bloating. Towel is not as necessary as other things, but if you sweat like me you’ll want one!
- Recovery Drink or some protein drink- In the P90X series you hear Tony always referring to the Recovery drink because it helps you rebuild muscle, become less sore, and help your body recover from tough workouts.
- A pull up bar- you can get a pullup bar that will mount above just about any door opening at your local sporting goods stores or big box retailer. If you do not have a pullup bar you can utilize your resistance bands to simulate the same exercies
These are the basic pieces of exercise equipment you will need for the P90X home workout series